Chief executive officers are primary members, supported by a staff coordination group who moves forward the policy agenda through specific action items.
The Nutrition CEO Council Leadership acts as a secretariat and guiding body, developing agendas and action plans that Council Members review and make decisions around. They support the policy asks and advocate for them in the activities decided by the Council. The leadership team includes:
- Kathy Spahn, President and CEO of Helen Keller Intl (co-chair)
- Rev. Eugene Cho, President and CEO, Bread for the World (co-chair)
- Joanne Carter, Executive Director, RESULTS/RESULTS Educational Fund.
- Michelle Nunn, President and CEO of CARE USA.
- Blythe Thomas, Initiative Director of 1,000 Days, an initiative of FHI Solutions.
The Nutrition CEO Council reviews and provides input into action plans brought forward by Council Leadership, deciding when and how to commit their organizations. They support the policy asks and advocate for them in the activities decided by the Council.
Membership is open to CEOs of non-governmental and philanthropic organizations committed to addressing malnutrition. Members include:
- Arun Baral, CEO, Harvest Plus
- Joanne Carter, Executive Director, RESULTS/RESULTS Educational Fund
- Rev. Eugene Cho, President and CEO, Bread for the World
- Matt Freeman, Executive Director, Stronger Foundations
- Eric Mitchell, Executive Director, Alliance to End Hunger
- Michelle Nunn, President and CEO, CARE USA
- Saskia Osendarp, Executive Director, Micronutrient Forum
- Charles Owubah, CEO, Action Against Hunger
- Carrie Hessler-Radelet, President, Global Communities
- Kathy Spahn, President and CEO, Helen Keller Intl
- Joel Spicer, President and CEO, Nutrition International
- Blythe Thomas, Initiative Director, 1,000 Days
- Mark Viso, President and CEO, Food for the Hungry
- Tessie San Martin, CEO, FHI 360
Interested in joining the Council? Please complete this form and someone from the leadership team will be in touch with you.